Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Nutcracker

It's that time of year again, that's right, Nutcracker! My daughter Katy is very fortunate to be dancing in Ballet Nebraska's version of The Nutcracker. She will be playing a baby lamb in the performance at Iowa Western Community College and will be a toy soldier in the performance at Omaha Music Hall all this weekend.

With this performance come several weekends of rehearsal which are under our belt but this week is a very busy week. Tech week! We travel to Iowa every day for rehearsals that last several hours and we are very lucky to be staying with family in Omaha so we don't have to commute from Lincoln every day.

I am gettting a lot of crafting done while Katy is at rehearsal. I'm working on scarves, hats and Katy's leg warmers. But Friday and Saturday I get to do what I love to do, be a stage mom! I'll be backstage with the girls getting them in their costume and on stage when it's their turn.
I am sad about missing our "other" daughter's first dance performance at UNL this Friday. Maryn is performing in two pieces at UNL's fall performance but thankfully Jason will be going to support her for all of us.

So I'm off to pack for our long weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment